- To begin, a master’s degree and a graduate certificate do not have the same meaning or purpose.
- An academic degree is awarded to students who successfully complete the requirements of a master’s degree program.
- To get a graduate certificate, you must first fulfill the academic requirements of a non-degree pursuing student.
- It is not a degree in a specific field of study, but it does award a certificate in that field.
Is a master’s degree better than a graduate degree?
- Because it leads to a graduate degree, earning a master’s degree is a far more meaningful accomplishment than earning an undergraduate degree alone.
- The completion of a master’s degree requires additional time and effort, but it rewards students with a more in-depth and nuanced grasp of their chosen field of study.
- Coursework for a master’s degree earned through CJC Online ranges from 33 to 38 credit hours in total.
What are the benefits of a master’s degree and graduate certificate?
Adding new abilities to your toolbox and honing those you already possess are both essential components of professional growth. Both a master’s degree and a graduate certificate will provide you with the opportunity to learn new abilities that may be applied in the workplace.