How to install an SSL Certificate on Apache
- Step 1: Upload Certificate Files Onto Server.
- Step 2: Locate Apache Configuration File.
- Step 3: Configure Virtual Host Section.
- Step 4: Enabling OCSP Stapling.
- Step 5: Save Restart.
How to enable a SSL certificate?
- Certificate Signing Request. To get started,you will need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Activation. For the activation flow of the renewal certificates,please refer to this page.
- Installation check.
- Managing redirects.
- Insecure content check.
How do I configure Apache to use SSL?
Enable SSL (Apache)
- Locate your Apache configuration file and open with a text editor. The name of your Apache configuration file depends on your system platform.
- Verify or update Apache’s SSL configuration file and save. Open your Apache SSL configuration file, httpd-ssl.
- Restart the Apache Web Server. Linux OS.
How do I setup an SSL certificate?
An Internet Protocol (IP) address for your SSL certificate.
- Copy the files into the default location on your server.
- Install the certificate.
- Import an SSL certificate from another server.
- Set up the bindings.
- Save the certificate and key file.
- Configure httpd.
- Verify configuration syntax.
How do I enable https on Apache Web server?
Tutorial Apache – Enable HTTPS Enable Apache module named: Mod_rewrite. Edit the Apache configuration file. Add the following lines at the end of this file. Create a private key and the website certificate using the OpenSSL command.
How do I integrate SSL certificate into my website?
How to Install an SSL/TLS Certificate In Web Host Manager (WHM)
- Your server certificate. This is the certificate you received from the CA for your domain.
- Your intermediate certificates.
- Your private key.
- Log in to WHM.
- Enter Username/Password.
- Go to your Homepage.
- Click SSL/TLS.
- Click Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain.
Where is the Apache SSL configuration file?
The file may be called httpd. conf, apache2. conf or ssl. conf and may be located at /etc/httpd/, /etc/apache2/ or /etc/httpd/conf.
What is SSL conf file?
# # This is the Apache server configuration file providing SSL support. # It contains the configuration directives to instruct the server how to. # serve pages over an https connection.
Where is SSL certificate on server?
To view certificates for the current user, open the command console, and then type certmgr. msc. The Certificate Manager tool for the current user appears. To view your certificates, under Certificates – Current User in the left pane, expand the directory for the type of certificate you want to view.
How can I add SSL certificate to my website for free?
How to install free SSL from sslforfree.com?
- Step 1 – Register at sslforfree.com. Go to the website sslforfree.com, type in your website URL and press Create Free SSL Certificate:
- Step 2 – Generate a certificate.
- Step 3 – Verify domain ownership.
- Step 4 – Download and Install your SSL certificate.
How do I know if Apache SSL is enabled?
- Connect to a Plesk server via SSH.
- Run the command: on CentOS/RHEL-based distributions. # grep SSLProtocol /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf. SSLProtocol +TLSv1.2. on Debian/Ubuntu-based distributions. # grep -ir SSLProtocol /etc/apache2/* /etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf:SSLProtocol +TLSv1.2 +TLSv1.3.
How do SSL certificates work?
The server sends the browser a copy of its SSL certificate. The browser checks whether it trusts the SSL certificate. If so, it sends a message to the server. The server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.