There are five ways to obtain a birth certificate:
- Order Online. Order online via VitalChek.
- Order By Phone. Phone orders via VitalChek can be made by calling toll free (866) 252-8974.
- Order By Mail.
- Go to a local Currency Exchange.
- Visit us in person at one of our six locations.
How do you request a birth certificate from Chicago?
- Order a replacement birth certificate by mail by sending your request to Cook County Clerk David Orr, Bureau of Vital Records, P.O. Box 641070, Chicago, IL 60664-1070. Include a completed Birth Certificate Request form, a photocopy of your photo identification, a check or money order payable to “Cook County Clerk”
How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
Can I get birth certificate online?
Order official, certified vital records online – quickly and securely. For 25 years, VitalChek has been an official, government-authorized service for citizens to securely order certified birth certificates and other vital records from official government agencies nationwide.
Can you get a birth certificate at the health department?
Order at a Local Health Department To purchase a birth or death certificate in person, please visit the Local Health Department where the birth or death occurred.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
Is Vital Records USA legit?
Yes, we are a valid legitimate service designed to simplify the process of obtaining important certificates. We operate in the United States and employ American staff to process applications and assist our customers.
Can I get a birth certificate same day?
Getting your birth certificate in person States such as Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, amongst others, offer same-day walk-in birth certificate issuance.
How much does a birth certificate cost in Illinois?
The fee for a full certified copy is $15.00. Additional certified copies of the same record ordered at the same time are $2.00 each.