Paraprofessional License Information
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- 60 semester hours of coursework.
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS Parapro (ROE # 17 offers the ETS Parapro Exam)
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Workkeys:
How do I become a paraprofessional educator?
- Part 2 of 4: Choosing an Educational Path Earn a high school diploma or General Educational Development certificate. This is the minimum schooling required for general paraprofessionals. Enroll in a certificate program. If you know the area where you will be working, call the local school district and ask if they provide training for people who Enroll in a community college. More items
How do you get a paraprofessional certificate?
How Do I Become a Licensed Paraprofessional?
- Hold an associate’s degree or higher in any subject from a GaPSC-accepted accredited institution;
- Have completed 2 years (60 semester hours) of college coursework above the remedial level at a GaPSC-accepted accredited institution with a grade of “C” or better;
How do I get a Paraeducator certificate in Illinois?
All paraprofessionals must have an Illinois State Board of Education statement of approval and meet one of the following requirements: • completion of 60 semester credit hours at a regionally accredited academic institution, or have an associate`s degree or higher from an accredited college or university; • pass the
How do I become a teacher’s aide in Illinois?
Education Requirements Anyone interested in becoming a teacher’s aide in Illinois must be at least 19 years old and have an associate’s degree, 60 hours of coursework, or a high school diploma or equivalent.
How do I become a substitute paraprofessional in Illinois?
Once your license has been issued, please log into your ELIS account and pay the applicable registration fees. The license is not valid for employment until these fees are paid.
Can I take paraprofessional test online?
You can take the ParaPro test remotely on your own computer at home or another secure location. The test is monitored by a human proctor online through ProProctor ®, and appointments are available 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. If you don’t meet these requirements, you won’t be able to test at home.
Is the paraprofessional test hard?
The Parapro itself is a bit easier than the questions in this book. By the way, you can miss 6 questions and still get the highest possible score on the test, so if you prepare reasonably well, you should have no problem passing.
Is a substitute teacher a paraprofessional?
An ESS substitute paraprofessional assists the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. Substitute paraprofessionals are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and personal care assistants.
What is a passing score on the paraprofessional test?
What Qualifies as a Passing Score? The GACE ® Paraprofessional assessment is reported as a scaled score on a scale of 100 to 300. The passing score for the GACE Paraprofessional assessment is 250.
Do paraprofessionals get paid during the summer?
Yes, we get paid in the Summer and all other breaks just like Teacher’s.
Do you need a license to be a teacher assistant?
Earn an associate’s degree in education, assistant teaching, or a related subject like elementary education. Complete an internship as a teacher’s assistant. Take any tests required in your state for teacher’s assistant licensure. Apply for your teacher’s assistant license.
How much do teachers assistants make in Illinois?
How much does a Teacher Aide make in Illinois? The average Teacher Aide salary in Illinois is $24,214 as of October 29, 2021, but the range typically falls between $23,284 and $28,180.
Can a paraprofessional be a substitute teacher in Illinois?
If educators have a paraprofessional license and a bachelor’s degree, they are qualified to be a substitute teacher. In all cases, you will need to submit your academic records, including official transcripts through the ISBE online credential management system (www.isbe.net/ELIS).
How much does a paraprofessional make in Chicago?
Average Chicago Public Schools Paraprofessional yearly pay in Illinois is approximately $35,412, which is 56% above the national average.