To place an order using standard service:
- Complete, print, and sign the appropriate form as indicated above in Step 1.
- Include a $24 money order, certified check, or business check (not a personal check) for the first copy of the certificate and $15 for each additional certificate. Make payment to “NC Vital Records”.
How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
How long does it take to get birth certificate after baby is born?
When will I receive my newborn’s birth certificate? Newborn birth certificates are usually mailed about three weeks after your child was born.
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
How much does it cost to obtain a birth certificate?
The table below provides complete data on the cost of birth certificates in each of the 50 states. The cost is $16 for computer-generated birth certificates. The cost is $20 for birth certificates ordered in person. The cost is $32 for birth certificates ordered by mail.
How do I register my newborn’s birth certificate?
If you are registering your baby’s birth in Dubai, you can use any of the following channels to apply for a birth certificate.
- Service 1 Center in Emirates Towers.
- Public hospitals in Dubai including Dubai Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Latifa Hospital.
- The preventive medicine centre in Al Baraha (Kuwaiti Hospital)
When should I receive my newborn’s Social Security card?
After you have submitted the application at the SSA office, your child’s Social Security card should be delivered between 6 to 12 weeks.