To get a copy of a vital record, you must submit:
- A completed application.
- A copy of the proof(s) of your identity.
- The correct fee.
- Proof of your relationship to the person listed on the vital record you are requesting (Only required for certified copies)
- Marriage Certificate, if name was changed due to mariage.
How can I get a certified copy of birth certificate?
- The fee for the search of a birth certificate is $15.00 and will include the issuance of one certified copy to a qualified applicant if the certificate is on file. Additional copies will be issued at a cost of $15.00 each.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate in NJ?
Obtaining a certified copy of a birth certificate in New Jersey takes 6-8 weeks to process.
How do I get my original birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
What documents do you need to get a copy of your birth certificate?
When submitting your application to request a certified copy of your birth certificate, you are required to prove your identity. In most cases, you will be required to provide a copy of your photo ID, i.e., passport, driver’s license or state photo ID.
How do I get my birth certificate from Jersey City NJ?
You have two options:
- Get a new, certified copy of your birth record from the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry. The fee is $25 for one copy of the record.
- For no charge, get a letter of authenticity from the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry as valid proof of birth.
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
How much does it cost to get a birth certificate from New Jersey?
Birth. Cost of copy: $25.00 for initial copy. Additional copies of the same record ordered at the same time are $2.00 each. Please visit the New Jersey Vital Statistics website for the most up to date information regarding ordering options and information or call toll-free at 1-866-649-8726.
Can I get a birth certificate same day?
Getting your birth certificate in person States such as Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, amongst others, offer same-day walk-in birth certificate issuance.
What can you use instead of a birth certificate?
Your birth certificate is an important document but mostly your Xth-standard Marksheet or SSC marksheet is used as a substitute for proof of birth. For e.g. If you apply for a passport, you can submit your Xth-standard Certificate as a proof of birth.
Why are Jersey City birth certificates not valid?
The DOH ceased all operations within the County office, mandating anyone born in Jersey City seeking to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate to either request it directly from DOH in Trenton or use the web-based system available through the DOH website – which still took a minimum of six weeks unless an
Is VitalChek legit?
Vitalchek is a legit company. They claim to be authorized by the government to issue vital documents and to hold vital records. It proves that they are a LexisNexis company, which is a highly reputable company in the USA and around the world.
How do I get a birth certificate from Trenton NJ?
To Order Copies of Vital Records:
- Online: More Information About Ordering Online.
- U.S. Mail: New Jersey Department of Health. Office of Vital Statistics and Registry.
- Express Mail: Please send your application to:
- By Phone: 1-877-622-7549 through our partner VitalChek (additional fees apply)