Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
What should I do if I lost my birth certificate?
- Usually, you can replace a lost birth certificate with your government’s vital records department in person or through the mail. You’ll need to complete a request form, provide certain identification documents, and pay a fee. The agency’s website will provide the exact requirements as well as a mailing address or physical location to visit.
Is it bad to lose your birth certificate?
Your birth certificate is one of your most important vital records. A stolen birth certificate could potentially be used by identity thieves hence the importance of reporting the theft immediately. It is a requirement when having any other identity document issued, such as a passport, social security card, etc.
What if I lost my DOB certificate?
Steps to be followed for obtaining a duplicate/replacement certificate
- Visit the office of the municipal corporation in the city where you were born.
- You will need to pay a small fee for the issuing of a copy of the birth certificate.
Can I get birth certificate online?
Order official, certified vital records online – quickly and securely. For 25 years, VitalChek has been an official, government-authorized service for citizens to securely order certified birth certificates and other vital records from official government agencies nationwide.
How do I apply for a lost birth certificate?
Respected, I am writing this letter to inform you that the birth certificate issued to me in my name got lost during ________ (Journey/ shifting/ any other). Therefore, I request you to kindly guide me through the procedure for the issuance of a duplicate birth certificate. I look forward to hearing back from you.
How can I download my birth certificate online?
UP Birth Certificate Check online
- First, visit the website named e-nagarsewaup.gov.in or edistrict.up.gov.in.
- You need to click on the birth certificate.
- Then click on download or search birth certificate.
- You need to enter the registration number and then enter the security code that is given on the screen.
Can I get birth certificate after 20 years?
The non- availability of birth certificate in India is one of the lesser known documents that could be an alternative to apply for the birth certificate even after 30 years of the age. The government of India has mandated to register the birth within 21 days of the birth.
How long does it take to get birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
Can I get a birth certificate same day?
Getting your birth certificate in person States such as Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, amongst others, offer same-day walk-in birth certificate issuance.
How can I write my police station if I lost my birth certificate?
(your e-mail id. While travelling from _______(place) to __________(place) by bus/ train/ walk I have lost my Original __________ bearing No. ____________ along with (name other documents if any) some where. (If you have any idea or chance of loss at an approximate area, you can mention the same in your application).
What documents do you need for an unabridged birth certificate?
The following is required: Proof of consent from both of the child’s parents or legal guardians; Copies of the Identity Documents or passports of the parents or legal guardians; Letter from the person receiving them, including copy of host’s ID/ passport.