- Birth certificates start at medical facilities, pass through the Health Department, and arrive at the Clerk-Recorder’s Office. This process takes time—in most cases, the Office can issue a certificate four weeks after the birth of a child. For the person listed on the certificate, you’ll need to know:
How long after birth do you have to register your baby?
By law every birth must be registered no later than 42 days after the baby’s date of birth. You should register a birth in the borough where the baby was born. If your baby was born in the London Borough of Brent, please make an appointment. There’s no charge for registering a birth.
Where do you get birth certificate after baby is born?
To obtain a copy of your baby’s birth certificate, write or visit your county Department of Vital Records for an order form. Some hospitals may provide you with an order form during your hospital stay.
How do I apply for a birth certificate for my newborn?
If you are registering your baby’s birth in Dubai, you can use any of the following channels to apply for a birth certificate.
- Service 1 Center in Emirates Towers.
- Public hospitals in Dubai including Dubai Hospital, Rashid Hospital and Latifa Hospital.
- The preventive medicine centre in Al Baraha (Kuwaiti Hospital)
What documents do you need after baby is born?
If you’re giving birth at home, visit your local local Social Security Administration office and request a number in person. You’ll fill out a form and provide proof of identity along with two documents showing baby’s age, sex and citizenship status, such as their birth certificate and hospital birth record.
What do I need to do once my baby is born?
Handling a Newborn
- Wash your hands (or use a hand sanitizer) before handling your baby.
- Support your baby’s head and neck.
- Never shake your newborn, whether in play or in frustration.
- Make sure your baby is securely fastened into the carrier, stroller, or car seat.
Does your birth certificate have your time of birth?
Your birth certificate is usually your best bet. If you don’t have it, you could try the hospital where you were born. If they do not have a copy, then you can contact the county, and then the state you were born in. Your birth certificate should include the time and date you were born.
What happens right after your baby is born?
After your baby is born, your body gets rid of the blood and tissue that was inside your uterus. This is called vaginal discharge or lochia. For the first few days, it’s heavy, bright red and may contain blood clots. Over time, the flow gets less and lighter in color.