Steps to Obtain an Occupancy Certificate The Occupancy Certificate is obtained from the local authority upon submission of the application form after the completion of the building construction. Usually, the local municipal body issues the Occupancy Certificate within 30 days from the application date.
What is required for a certificate of occupancy?
- Plumbing, electrical and building inspections are required for a certificate of occupancy.
Who gives occupancy certificate?
Occupancy certificates are issued by the agencies and authorities of local government, which declares that the building is constructed as per the plans that were approved by the concerned authorities. Occupancy certificate is issued when a property is ready to be occupied.
How do I get my OC certificate online?
Steps to check occupancy certificate online
- Visit the Municipal corporation of Mumbai website.
- Once you reach the website home page click on citizen service.
- Fill the details required.
- After filing the entire details of the property required in the columns.
- You will see a PDF download option, tab to download.
What happens if there is no occupancy certificate?
Occupying a property without an OC is considered as illegal and local civic bodies can ask you to vacate the property. You may have to face trouble in getting water connection or sanitary connection or electricity supply connection.
Can I buy property without OC?
1. Without a valid OC, your occupancy is illegal as it can be classified as an unauthorised structure by the authorities. 2. OC is crucial while applying for a home loan or loan to purchase a resale flat.
Is OC required for registration?
It is true that OC is currently not mandatory for registration, but it is mandatory for possession. By invoking a clause in the agreement, Reputed Builders is trying to intimidate the buyer.
How do I know if my builder has applied for OC?
How can a buyer check when his OC comes? The status of the project or related documents can be accessed on the web portal of the concerned RERA, if the project is registered under the Act. RERA mandates that all builders update the developments in the project on a regular basis.
Why is the OC important?
The OC is crucial while applying for a home loan or loan to purchase a resale flat. If you wish to sell or hypothecate the property after a lapse of time, you will not be able to do so without a valid OC. The water connection, sanitary connection or electricity supply can be disconnected in the absence of an OC.
Is occupation certificate necessary?
At present, as per the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act and BBMP Act, Occupancy Certificate is mandatory and is issued after a detailed check for violations.
How do I check my OC status?
How to check OC status Bangalore?
- Scroll down to Occupancy Certificate details option and hit ‘Click Here’
- You will find the zone information such as JDTP- North, JDTP- South, ADTP- East, etc.
- Click on your preferred location, choose year, and hit ‘Click here’
Can you sell a house without an occupation certificate NSW?
The property can be sold without an occupation certificate and it is not a required disclosure document.