How do you replace a stolen birth certificate?
- If your birth certificate is stolen, contact the bureau of vital statistics where you were born, which is usually a department of your state government. After you officially report the theft you can have a replacement birth certificate issued to you.
Is it bad to lose your birth certificate?
Your birth certificate is one of your most important vital records. A stolen birth certificate could potentially be used by identity thieves hence the importance of reporting the theft immediately. It is a requirement when having any other identity document issued, such as a passport, social security card, etc.
What if I lost my DOB certificate?
Steps to be followed for obtaining a duplicate/replacement certificate
- Visit the office of the municipal corporation in the city where you were born.
- You will need to pay a small fee for the issuing of a copy of the birth certificate.
How do I get my original certificate if I lost it?
Go to the nearest police station and file a complaint mentioning the loss of the certificate and the details of the certificate. Get a copy of the FIR. Report to the University. Publish in the newspaper informing the loss of the marklist or certificate.
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
How do I apply for a lost birth certificate?
Respected, I am writing this letter to inform you that the birth certificate issued to me in my name got lost during ________ (Journey/ shifting/ any other). Therefore, I request you to kindly guide me through the procedure for the issuance of a duplicate birth certificate. I look forward to hearing back from you.
How can I download my birth certificate online?
UP Birth Certificate Check online
- First, visit the website named e-nagarsewaup.gov.in or edistrict.up.gov.in.
- You need to click on the birth certificate.
- Then click on download or search birth certificate.
- You need to enter the registration number and then enter the security code that is given on the screen.
Is duplicate degree valid?
Generally the duplicate copies issued by the board or college will have signature of the authorities below it. You must get the seal of the college also below the signatures. A signed duplicate copy is as good as the original one and you should not have any problem at the time of document verification.
How do I write a lost certificate letter?
My name is _______ (Name). I apologetically write this to inform you that my original _________ (School certificate details) document has been lost. Therefore, I request you to kindly issue a copy of the above-mentioned document. I need the same for _________ (Maintaining personal records/ any other).
How do I apply for a lost document?
The first step is to visit the nearest police station and file a first information report (FIR). The FIR needs to mention that the papers are lost. A copy of the FIR should be taken by the owner and preserved for future reference.